Kilmac provide a contractor coordinating and facilitation service to deliver The Open for The R&A.
The Open is golf’s most prestigious championship and one of the largest outdoor events held annually in Britain and Kilmac plays a key role in its safe and on-time delivery. In 2015 Kilmac were awarded contract to assist the Championship Committee in delivering the 144th Open Championship at the home of Golf, st Andrews.
This role included planning the projects infrastructure and coordinating and monitoring all contractors. Kilmac also provided a civils and general contracting service to deliver the event.
After the success of last year’s Open at St Andrews, Kilmac have again been contracted to supply an on site Management team and civils workforce to deliver the 145th Open, at Royal Troon.
The co-ordinating and facilitation works delivered by Kilmac include:
- Provide H&S advice including risk management and safety auditing
- Ground works – including roads, erection of fences, installation of ducts, drainage and course maintenance.
- Logistics – material delivery and traffic management
- Site Security
- Contractor inductions and daily co ordination briefings
- Programme coordination
- Contractor facilitation works
- Management of the Contractors’ Compound
- Preparing progress reports for the R&A championship committee
- Control of the Clients assets
- Rapid response team for urgent issues.
Start / End Dates
May 2016 / February 2017